BC Freestyle Coach
If you’re looking to coach Freestyle, this two day training focuses on how to coach the technical and tactical skills for Freestyle paddlers. The course will help you plan and deliver safe, enjoyable, progressive coaching sessions and you’ll explore the specifics to help you coach some typical learners and athletes relevant to you and Freestyle.
This Discipline Specific Training focuses on HOW to coach the discipline specific skills and WHAT you will be coaching. The training explores how to coach technical and tactical skills. The course will help coaches plan and deliver safe, enjoyable, progressive coaching sessions and explore specifics to help coaches coach some typical athletes/learners relevant to you/your discipline. The course will cover the content delivered in your core training but out in the discipline specific environment.
This course will have elements of classroom contact with 80% of the course being water based.
The syllabus is based on the knowledge, understanding and skills that the coaches need to ensure the athletes/learners in their care are appropriately provided for. This includes:
- assessing athlete/learner performance and needs
- designing and delivering progressive practice/training sessions to meet these needs
- managing safety
- creating an enjoyable motivating learning environment
- skills to support your own personal learning and professional development
Day 1: You, your peers and the provider will be out playing with ideas and theories while getting to grips with the environments in the eyes of a freestyle coach. Giving it all a go.
Day 2: We will have real students arrive for you to give it all a go! A great way try new ideas and concepts with the ongoing development of a training course happening.
- Hold British Canoeing membership
- British Canoeing Core Coach Training
- 17 years or older
- Freestyle Craft (If water Based)
- Personal Paddling Equipment
- Any safety equipment you would carry on the water
- Lunch and water
- note pad and pen