- This event has passed.
BC Advanced Water Kayak Leader Training
November 4, 2019 @ 8:00 am - November 5, 2019 @ 5:00 pm£185
Successful performance at this British Canoeing Advanced Water Leader Training indicates that a candidate has the skill level required to lead a group of 4 paddlers (not including themselves) in appropriate locations, up to Advanced white water conditions and to judge the conditions and the standard of the group and make appropriate decisions along with the need to modify plans as required.
The BC Advanced Water Leader Award is a leadership award and not a coaching award.
Following assessment BC Advanced Water Leaders must have in place civil liability insurance (included in comprehensive Home Nation membership), knowledge of Child Protection guidelines and good practice including checks where necessary and maintain evidence of currency.
To achieve BC Advanced Water Leader candidates are required to attend BC Advanced Water Leader Training.
This involves at least 2 days of formal training in personal skills and leadership. Some training courses also include the prerequisite BC White Water Safety and Rescue Training Course (extending the programme by an additional 2 days).
- Training is valid for 3 years, during this time, and upon completion of the assessment prerequisites candidates can then put themselves forward for assessment.
- Assessments are normally run over 2 days.
Find out about the other Leadership Awards available with Rock the Boat Activities.
To be able to get the most out of your training, we would recommend that you can paddle to the standard of the 3 Star White Water Kayak or new white water kayak award.
- Relevant Leadership Training: Advanced White Water Leader training within previous 3 years.
- Relevant Safety Training: Advanced White Water Safety & Rescue
- First Aid Award: Recognised 2-day First Aid within last 3 years
- Registration Fee to British Canoeing
- Age: 18 years of age, or older
Recommended Kit To Bring
Personal paddling equipment for moderate water environment.
If you need any equipment then please get in touch prior to the course. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced White Water Kayak Leader Assessment Notes (Size: 472.6 KB)
Advanced White Water Kayak Leader Syllabus (Size: 468.8 KB)