Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
September 15 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm£85 – £300
What it’s all about
When on the water accidents can happen and it’s best to be prepared and have the skills to help if required. The FSRT is designed for all paddlers, coaches and volunteers working around the water. It can be completed as a bank-based or boat-based course.
On this course you will learn how to rescue canoes, kayaks and stand up Paddle Boards in a like for like craft.
This course will teach simple and safe skills as a foundation to further safety training in British Canoeing.
On completion of this course you will have skills to ensure your safety and the safety of others, as well as rescue skills to help yourself, or others in difficulty.
To participate on this course you must:
- Be 14 years or over
- Be able to swim in normal paddling clothes
- Hold the 2 star award or have equivalent ability, except for bank-based participants
For more information or to book a course please fill out the form, or email:
- Able to swim in normal paddling clothing suitable for the prevailing conditions
- Boat-based candidates must also hold the Paddle Explore Award, 2 Star Award or be of equivalent ability due to the paddling environment and the boat control required to complete the course
- Bank-based participants accessing the course are not required to hold a Personal Performance Award. However, they should be prepared to fully participate in all relevant aspects of the course
Recommended Kit To Bring
The following is a list of recommended equipment:
- Towline OR tow system
- Webbing (sewn or un-sewn sling) and large carabiner