- This event has passed.
Freestyle Development Camp – (Half Term)
October 21, 2019 @ 9:00 am - October 25, 2019 @ 5:00 pm£250 – £450
Join us for an exciting week of freestyle coaching at the National Water Sports Centre, situated in Nottinghams Holme Pierrepont country park.
HPP is renowned world wide for its quality and variety of freestyle features. We will be staying on site at the country park campsite just a short walk from the course itself.
This course is suitable for intermediate to advanced paddlers, with a reliable White Water roll and experience of grade 2-3 water.
The week is laid out with small groups working on the water for the best learning experience.
Our aim is to push the boundaries of what you can achieve within your freestyle kayaking.Throughout the week we will cover:
– Maneuvering within a feature.
– Understanding River Features to unlock their maximum potential.
– Essential skills such as, Outfitting, Video review, self analysis, fundamental Freestyle Skills.
– Core moves, advanced moves, all whilst keeping the week training fun, refreshing and enjoyable.
Participants will have the option throughout the camp to achieve the British Canoeing Freestyle Personal Performance Awards! these may incure a certificate fee.
We have 4 different options for this camp:
- Option 1 – 5 day camp including food and camping and course fees (no travel) – £450
- Option 2 – 5 Day camp coaching and course fees only – £375
- Option 3 – 3 day camp including food and camping and course fees (no travel) – £300
- Option 4 – 3 day camp coaching only – £250Not included:
Transport – we may be able to transport kayaks if prior arrangement is made. We will also be able to collect participants from the local train station if arriving by train,
RTB has a selection of Paddlesport equipment including Freestyle kayaks to demo if you need, please let us know in advance so we can arrange this.
HPP has been known to close due to high water, RtB would seek an alternative venue to host the week.