Who is it for?
If you’ve ever wanted to try a new sport that’ll test you physically, mentally and vertically then why not try your hand at Rock Climbing.
The Discover Outdoor Rock program will show you what the interesting world of Rock Climbing has to offer, you don’t need any prior experience to sign up to this course. Our experienced instructors will introduce you to all the equipment with a simplistic approach and will get you climbing your way to the top of your first wall.
We can run this session for you as an individual, a private group or you can join one of our open group sessions.
What to bring
- A sensible pair of closed toe trainers, preferably laced. If you have your own climbing shoes, those would be ideal.
- Something to drink.
- Packed lunch/snacks – it’s hungry work!
- Weather appropriate clothes:
- If it’s sunny, please bring sun cream as we will be outside all day. Also bring a top that covers your shoulders.
- If it’s cold, please bring warm layers and a waterproof jacket as we will be exposed to the weather for the day.
We will be providing all climbing equipment/PPE including; harnesses, helmets, ropes, belay devices, anchors etc., so you do not need to any specialist equipment.
If you have your own equipment please feel free to bring it with you. All personal equipment will be inspected by our instructors prior to the course and we reserve the right to refuse it’s use if we deem it to be unsafe/not fit for purpose.
Minimum age is 8 – If there is a member of your group who is under this age, please send us a message via our enquiry page as we may be able to make exceptions.
Although we’re based in the South East, we can cover almost any climbing center in the UK. If you have a preference towards a certain wall, please let us know.