If you’re looking to lead Kayakers on moderate white water, this two days training focuses on personal skills and leadership. This emphasises the application of strokes to achieve suitable techniques and boat control in real situations and covers personal paddling skills, rescue skills, safety, leadership, group skills and theory.
To be able to get the most out of your training, we would recommend that you can paddle to the standard of the Progressive White Water Award or 3 Star White Water Kayak.
To become a White Water Kayak Leader, you will need to successfully complete a two day, mainly practical assessment which takes place on sections of moderate white water, this must include suitable river journeys. This will include assessment of your personal paddling skills, rescue skills, safety, leadership, group skills and theory.
- White Water Kayak Leader training (within 3 years)
- White Water Safety & Rescue training (or Rescue 3 Whitewater Recue Technician)
- Home Nation Leadership Registration (LR) Form
- Full Home Nation Association Membership
- Valid 2 day First Aid training
- Aged 16 or over