To become a White Water Kayak Leader, you will need to successfully complete a two day, mainly practical assessment which takes place on sections of moderate white water, which must include suitable river journeys. This will include assessment of your personal paddling skills, rescue skills, safety, leadership and group skills and the theory.
- White Water Kayak Leader training (within 3 years)
- White Water Safety & Rescue training (or Rescue 3 Whitewater Recue Technician)
- Home Nation Leadership Registration (LR) Form
- Full Home Nation Association Membership
- Valid 2 day First Aid training
- Aged 16 or over